19 agosto, 2021

Neil Young, Farmaid 2021 y la pandemia

Desde NYA Times-Contrarian.

A Message From Neil:
Farmaid
and the Pandemic

Un mensaje de Neil:
Farmaid
y la pandemia

8-18-21

Lots is going on in our world right now. I find myself wondering whether Farmaid will be safe for everyone with the Covid pandemic surging. I worry about that. I don’t want to let anybody down, but still can’t shake the feeling that it might not be safe for everyone. I worry about audiences coming together in these times. The show is sold out.

18 de agosto de 2021.

Ahora mismo están pasando muchas cosas en el mundo. Me pregunto si Farmaid será seguro para todos con esta pandemia de Covid que está creciendo. Me preocupa. No quiero defraudar a nadie, pero no puedo evitar la sensación de que podría no ser seguro para todos. Me preocupa que el público se reúna en estos tiempos. Las entradas para el espectáculo están agotadas.

All you people who can’t go to a concert because you still don’t feel safe, I stand with you. I don’t want you to see me playing and think it’s safe now. I don’t want to play until you feel safe, and it is indeed, safe.

Todos los que no vais a un concierto porque todavía no sentís seguros, estoy con vosotros. No quiero que me veáis tocar y penséis que ya es seguro. No quiero tocar hasta que os sintáis seguros y, de hecho, sea seguro.

Since we know vaccinated people can catch and spread Covid, I worry about the children who could become infected after Farmaid, just by being with someone, maybe a parent, who caught the virus at Farmaid and didn't know it. There are already too many children in hospitals.

Ahora que sabemos que las personas vacunadas pueden contagiarse y propagar el Covid, me preocupan los niños que podrían infectarse después de Farmaid, simplemente por estar con alguien, quizá uno de los padres, que se contagió en Farmaid y no lo sabía. Ya hay demasiados niños en los hospitales.

My soul tells me it would be wrong to risk having anyone die because they wanted to hear music and be with friends.

Mi conciencia me dice que estaría mal arriesgarse a que alguien muriera por querer escuchar música y estar con los amigos.

No matter where you are. I am with you. Do what you must, but think it through. We will be back. There is much work to do together.

No importa dónde estés, estoy contigo. Haz lo que debas, pero piénsalo bien. Volveremos. Hay mucho trabajo que hacer juntos.

While I respect Willie, John and Dave's decisions to stick with it and play, I am not of the same mind. It is a tough call.

Aunque respeto la elección de Willie, John y Dave de seguir adelante y tocar, no soy de la misma opinión. Es una decisión difícil.

As time passes, I hope the path ahead will become clear.

be well

love
ny
A medida que pase el tiempo, espero que se aclare el camino a seguir.

Cuidaos.

Con amor,
ny

Shut It Down

1 comentario:

ivaxavi dijo...

Gracias, crack!